Monday, March 5, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!  I decided that I wanted a place to talk about my love of books and reading and Goodreads, while wonderful, isn't quite satisfying all my needs.  (I'm sorry, Goodreads, it's not you, it's me, I just need additional stimulation. HEY! Stimulation of the MIND! GOD GOODREADS, get your mind out of the gutter!).  I also wanted to talk a little about being a teacher and all that this entails.


As a teacher, I am always looking for new books to recommend to my students but I am wary about giving them books that I haven't read for fear of content that may be inappropriate.  As such, when reviewing YA I will endeavor to make note of the age-appropriateness and any issue-some scenes.  That being said, for all you teachers/parents out there, I am REALLY strict on what I deem appropriate for my junior high (some of you may call it middle school) students (mostly because I don't want to get fired over some kid swearing or having sex in a book that I recommended to someone's innocent child who has "never seen the likes of this before" - yet I know for a fact that the angel in question spends hours each evening saving the imaginary world from terrorists in increasingly bloody video games  - but I digress)*.  Note to self: remove all traces of real name from internet - digressing too often may lead to firing....  So, that's about it for now.  Welcome world to the inside of my head, it is small, dark, and scary but at least the voices are entertaining. 


*For those of you who will be joining me on this journey, I digress a lot.  One might even call it ranting.  That is, if one wanted to be impolite and end up on THE LIST.  (THE LIST contains the names of people who will pay once I a)become independently wealthy or b)am diagnosed with a terminal illness and have a set amount of time to get even with NO CONSEQUENCES!

0 comments:

Post a Comment