Friday, July 27, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday (9)

Feature & Follow is hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read

This week's question is:

Q:
Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?
 
Now this is an interesting question for the English teacher over here.  As such, there is no way that I can write a simple answer and move on, so I am going to complicate things a little:
 
My favorite required reading from my schooling:
 
 
 
My most hated required reading from my schooling:
 
 
 
The books that I require my students to read: 
 


8 comments:

Lyra said...

Oh gosh I absolutely hated The Pearl as well!

My FF :)

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Ooooh The Outsiders! I loved that one! And then we got to watch the movie with Tom Cruise in it :) haha, oh the memories! Have a great weekend :)

Here's my FF!

Zabet said...

Oh Lyra, it was awful wasn't it?!

Jessica, it is amazing how much my kids love The Outsiders. Something about Ponyboy just speaks to grade 8 boys and playing "spot the famous person" in the movie is fun too.

Unknown said...

I didn't have to read The Old Man and the Sea, but the class below me did. They hated it.
New Follower!
Carson @ Reader with Voice
My FF

Trish said...

LOVED LOF as a student. I need to read The Outsiders. So many people adore that book and I need to find out why :)

trish - my ff

Mrs. Jones said...

The Outsiders was sooo good!

Great choices
Im a new follower

Please come follow me back
My FF
-Theresa

TheReadingPenguin said...

The Outsiders is such a great book! Happy Friday! My FF

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment