Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: The Unquiet by Jeannine Garsee which is due to be released on July 17.

Sixteen-year-old Rinn Jacobs has secrets: One, she’s bipolar. Two, she killed her grandmother.

After a suicide attempt, and now her parents' separation, Rinn and her mom move from California to the rural Ohio town where her mother grew up. Back on her medications and hoping to stay well, Rinn settles into her new home, undaunted by the fact that the previous owner hanged herself in Rinn's bedroom. At school, her classmates believe the school pool is haunted by Annaliese, a girl who drowned there. But when a reckless séance goes awry, and terrible things start happening to her new friends—yet not to her—Rinn is determined to find out why she can’t be "touched" by Annaliese...or if Annaliese even exists.

With the help of Nate Brenner, the hunky “farmer boy” she’s rapidly falling for, Rinn devises a dangerous plan to uncover the truth. Soon reality and fantasy meld into one, till Rinn finds it nearly impossible to tell the difference. When a malevolent force threatens the lives of everyone she cares about--not to mention her own--she can't help wondering: who should she really be afraid of?

Annaliese? Or herself?


I am hoping for a creepy story with twists and turns and NO INSTALOVE!  

5 comments:

test said...

Is it only me? cuz I keep reading the title as THE UNIQUIET lol I saw this one on Net Galley but got turn down. I hope it's creepy as expected! Awesome pick!

My WoW picks

~Jay
We Fancy Books

Karis Jacobstein said...

This is next on my TBR! I can't wait to get to it!

Check out what I'm Waiting On.

Farah said...

I heard good reviews on this book. Saw it on Galley the other day :) Fingers crossed I'll get it and you too :) Awesome pick! :D

My WoW

New NB follower :)

Ange said...

Every time I see this cover it freaks me out. I don't know why. Maybe it's b/c it feels like she's drowning!

Kim said...

Great pick! Definitely waiting on this one too (: Thanks for sharing!

- Kim
My WoW

- New follower (:

Post a Comment