Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is: Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong which is due to be released on July 24th, 2012.

The exciting, page-turning LAST episode of Kelley Armstrong's acclaimed, bestselling Women of the Otherworld series!
Savannah Levine, a young witch of remarkable power and a dangerous pedigree, staggers away from a bomb blast in New Orleans, glad that she's managed to rescue her half-brother Bryce from the supernatural revolutionaries who'd held him captive. But everyone and everything she holds dear is still at risk. The reveal movement has shaken the Otherworld to its core and the resulting chaos has thinned the boundaries between dimensions, allowing creatures of the deeper realms to break through and wreak havoc on supernaturals but also on innocent humans.

Although she's been temporarily stripped her of her powers, Savannah knows she has a crucial part to play in this war of survival. In fact the fate of her loved ones--of Adam, the friend she hopes will become a lover; of Paige and Lucas, her guardians; of the werewolf Pack and Jaime Vegas; of a pregnant Hope; of her brothers Sean and Bryce--and of the human world rests on her shoulders. If she can find the way and the will to defend them.

Only in the final battle will Savannah find out her true capacities, and what love will drive her to do. In 13, Kelley Armstrong brings her powerful and unique saga to a deeply satisfying end: thrilling, surprising and harrowing.


This release is bittersweet.  I have been reading this series since my first year of college when I came across Dime Store Magic in a second hand bookstore.  I love her characters and I am so excited to see things finally get wrapped up but I am so sad because I know how much I am going to miss them!  

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I haven't read any of her books yet but, I am waiting for my copy of her YA series to get here. Great pick!

Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

Read Write Reviews said...

I cannot freaking wait for this! I'm a huge fan of the series! i had it on preorder for ages!

My WoW!

Post a Comment