Saturday, March 2, 2013

First Lines: February 2013

The first words you read can often set the tone for the entire story.  I thought it would be fun to keep track of the first lines of the books I read each month and share them with you.  Below are the first lines for all the books I read in February. 

 The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
"When I was eight, my papai took me to the park to watch a king die."

The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett
"Breaking and entering wasn't as easy as it looked in the movies."

The Giver by Lois Lowry
"It was almost December, and Jonas was beginning to be frightened."

Wow, was that ever a slow month in the reading world.  To be honest, I hated The Summer Prince so much that I took a break from reading for a while.  So, I guess The Giver wins best first line this month by default.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment